November 2, 2007

Dylan Movie Soundtrack, Sufjan's BQE, Casiotone Daytrotter Sesh, Darjeeling, and more

My apologies for the post below. There has been a lot going on among the indie-elite circles, and for those of us who prefer to stay on the sidelines and deny our membership to hipsterdom (says the girl who wishes Pitchfork's staff eternal damnation and yet reads it everyday), I'm here to give you a concise summary of the last week and a half in review:

First, I finally saw Darjeeling Limited. Not his best film, not his worst (I'm sorry, but I can't stand Bottle Rocket), but very typical Anderson (slow motion scenes, family issues, music, at least one of the Wilson brothers, etc). Aesthetically, it is quite pleasing, and I would recommend it if only for that. I probably need to see it again. Oh and I found Adrian Brody incredibly attractive. Despite the nose.
Daytrotter put up a Casiotone session. Not my favorite songs, but great performance (with San Diego's Donkeys, btw). Read/Listen Here. While you're there, check out the recent Andrew Bird session.

The latest (and supposedly greatest) Bob Dylan biopic, I'm Not There, will hit (limited) theatres on November 21. In the meantime, you can listen to the amazing soundtrack with contributions from Cat Power, Sufjan, Jeff Tweedy, Sonic Youth, etc., Here. Or, buy it on vinyl Here.

I'm sure you've already heard, but Sufjan's BQE project premiered last night. Details here (Pitchfork has also been raving, as was expected). To be honest, it all looks a little forced to me.

Last, I will leave you with the new Sigur Ros video:

Remember, he is singing "fucking bullshit".
I know, it's a lot to take in all at once.

P.S. Here is what I'm really excited about:

No comments: