November 7, 2007

Its so hard to find a friend these days...




David Bazan, the prophet of the disillusioned. Last Year, at the Ladies Literary Club in Grand Rapids, Michigan, I had the honor of partaking in a conversation, among 3 fellow students, with David for nearly 2 hours. I have heard plenty of speakers either religious or secular, and David Bazan is without a doubt, a prophet. I do not mean to declare that I agree with everything he prophesies as "holy," but that he somehow can grasp and articulate the struggles of the generational burned over district in which I reside. If you ever have the chance to speak with David, please dont miss it. Your life will change.

And now, for the point of my post. Please visit Hard to Find a Friend if you get a chance, for two reasons:

Reason Number 1: Caleb just posted a David Bazan show from his most recent tour. I was able to see him in September in Chicago with Owen Ashforth. It was a great show, but I am definitely a bigger fan of his acoustic work.

Reason Number 2: Caleb's musings on the musical world is not to be missed. From subtle observances to the presentation of mix tapes to go with his mood that day, you will undoubtedly relate to his understanding and begin to appreciate the intersection between art and your
everyday.

p.s. November 13 Caleb is releasing a wonderful Christmas album for a wonderful cause.

No comments: